What do hiking toddlers and kids wear in the summer? Shoes that protect their feet, offer good support, and can go from the playground to a hike and finish up with a run through sprinklers! Check out this Merrell Kids Hydro 2.0 review and learn how they can handle all that and more for your adventurous toddler or child!
Merrell Kids Hydro 2.0 Review
Hiking Baby has been testing out a pair of Merrell Hydro Junior 2.0 shoes, a unique combination of a sneaker and sandal that have several attributes that make them a good choice for summertime adventures.
- Made of lightweight IMEVA (injection-molded EVA foam). The Merrell Hydro Junior 2.0s are made of IMEVA. Compared to compression-molded EVA foam, IMEVA offers a bit more cushioning and bounce, and in some cases is a little lighter than compression-molded materials.
- Durable outsole with solid traction. The sole is slightly flexible (think of a trail running shoe compared to a traditional running shoe) so there is excellent support on uneven surfaces (rocks, trails, or wherever you’re little adventurer may go) with plenty of traction.
- Closed toe front with cutouts on the side of the shoe. The solid rubber toe provides protection for junior’s toes, yet plenty of air to keep his or her feet cool.
- Water friendly. Not only do those stylish cutouts in the side of the shoe provide breath-ability, but they also allow the shoes to be used for water play. These are designed to be used in the water!
Things to note from Hiking Baby’s experience with the Merrell Kids Hydro 2.0s:
Hiking Baby is a two year old with a very chubby foot. He’s been trying them out in the Wide width, but the wides fit more like a regular width.
- Where to Buy: Amazon.com, Merrell.com.
- Size Range: The Little Kid’s Hydro “Junior” 2.0 comes in sizes 5-8, in medium and wide widths. The Little Kid’s Hydro 2.0 comes in sizes 9-10 in medium width.
And the Big Kid’s Hydro 2.0 comes in sizes 10.5-3 in medium width.
- Colors: They come in a variety of color combinations for both “girl” and “boy” styles.
- Price: All sizes are priced at $40.00.